Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 2 Worlds - Bolt's sensational disqualification from 100m False Start







Usain Bolt (JAM), 25, world's fastest man and defending champion was dramatically disqualified from the final of the 100m this evening for a false start which took the packed 66k capacity Daegu stadium and the world by a big surprise and disbelief.

Under the new IAAF rule, 2nd chance is not given for a 1st false start and compatriot Yohan Blake took the gold after the restart in 9. 92 and Walter Dix (USA), the Olympic bronze medallist, took silver at 10.08 and 2003 world champion Kim Collins of St Kitts and Nevis claimed the bronze at 10.09 ---> watch on YouTube

Watch the sensation on You Tube

Said Bolt on the following day : quote
29th August 2011 - “Firstly I would like to congratulate my team mate Yohan Blake and the other athletes who won the medals.

However I have to move on now as there is no point to dwell on the past. I have a few days to refocus and get ready for the 200m on Friday. After this I have the 4x100m and a few other races before the end of the season. I know that I am now in good shape and will focus on running well in the 200m.

Thanks to all the people who sent me good wishes and I will try my best to make you proud in the 200m.” unquote


Men 100m
WR - 9.58 Usain Bolt (JAM) Worlds Berlin 2009
WL - 9.78 Asafa Powell (JAM) Lausanne 20 June


No comments:

Post a Comment